HAP is seeking a temporary full-time paralegal with a minimum of three years of experience. The paralegal will be trained to handle a full caseload for clients applying for Social Security disability benefits through HAP’s fast-track SOAR Project.
Under the supervision of HAP staff attorneys, the paralegal will:
- interview clients,
- obtain, review and analyze medical and other supporting records,
- file claims,
- write support letters, and
- advocate on behalf of clients.
- Graduate of an accredited four-year college or university
- Excellent written, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Understanding and sensitivity to issues of low income and homeless clients
- Spanish speaking a plus
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and résumé to: Tanya L. Rambert, Director of Operations, [email protected]; HAP, 1429 Walnut Street, 15th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19102.
No Phone Calls, Recruiters, or Drop-ins Please.
Homeless Advocacy Project (HAP) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, genetic information, or veteran status.