- Shelter: There are multiple intake sites in Philadelphia, depending on time of day, gender, and family status. See the Office of Homeless Services’ guidance on where to go to get a bed.
- Eviction Prevention: Anyone who is facing homelessness should be in touch with the Philadelphia Eviction Prevention Project ASAP. Their website is phillytenant.org and their number is 267-443-2500.
- And for anyone having difficulty maintaining their housing due to COVID or COVID-related financial insecurity, they may be eligible for rent relief via Pennsylvania’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program.
- Voucher Discrimination: it is illegal to discriminate against someone for using a voucher to pay their rent in Philadelphia. For more info, take a look at this flyer from Public Interest Law Center. PILC offers direct representation in some cases–use this online form to contact them or else call 267-546-1306.
- Free Meals: click here for the Office of Homeless Services’ list of where and when to find free meals in Philadelphia.
- Food Distribution Sites: and here to find a food pantry near you.
- Philabundance is another invaluable resource for food. Visit them here to see how you might benefit from their services.