There are lots of options for free COVID testing in Philadelphia. Click here to find one that works for you.
The deadline to file for the $1200 one-time Economic Impact Payment is October 15th. To date, the goverment has only ever issued one such payment, though it’s expected that a second would be handled similarly.
- Click here for our Stimulus Payment Flyer. It covers the basics of who qualifies and how they can receive their payment.
- And click here for our step-by-step guide for people who don’t typically file taxes, don’t receive SSI/SSDI, or VA benefits.
- And here for a walk-thru video, put together by HAP Social Worker, Evan.
- Still having trouble? BenePhilly can file for you over the phone. For help, call the BenePhilly COVID Phone at 267-804-9112.
- For help with any of this, call HAP’s Stimulus Payment Help Line at 215-523-9581.
Emergency Rental and Mortgage Assistance
- If you lost income due to COVID and need help making rent payments, the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency can help with up to $1,500/month. New deadline to apply is 11/4. Click here for details.
- Many mortgages are protected from foreclosure through the end of 2020, and there is additional relief available. Visit the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau for more information.
Although the CDC recently blocked some evictions through the end of year, there are still evictions and lockouts scheduled to resume in Philadelphia in September. Visit phillytenant.org for information and help, or call their evictions hotline at 267-443-2500.
With food insecurity on the rise, here are more food resources in Philadelphia than ever before. Check out the city’s map of food distribution sites to see what makes the most sense for you.
- Liberty Resources offers delivery for the home-bound. Visit them here or call their office at 215-634-2000
Click here to see what emergency resources are extended to veterans during the COVID crisis.