Disability Benefits (SSI/SSDI)
Home > Get Legal Help > Disability Benefits (SSI/SSDI)
HAP’s SOAR Project remains the surest path toward SSI and disability benefits. Although most SSI claims in Philadelphia are denied the first time, HAP’s SOAR claims almost always result in a win. When it comes to disability claims, our goal is to “do it right the first time” because our clients can’t wait.
- Do you have an ICM? They should complete our SOAR referral and fax it to 215-523-9599. For questions, contact Shelly at [email protected]
- If you don’t have an ICM but still want to apply, you can either call Evan at 215-523-9582 or visit one of our upcoming clinics.
SOAR for Children
If you are an older youth aging out of DHS care, and can’t work due to your condition, we can help you apply for the SSI benefits you need. We also assist parents with disabilities seeking reunification with children in foster care, and children receiving services for mental health, physical, or learning problems.
- Are you an older youth aging out of care, or a parent seeking reunification with children in foster care? DHS/CUA/RSS workers and other service providers can complete the DHS SOAR referral form or contact Laura at [email protected].
- Parents looking for help with children’s disability claims can call Laura at 215-523-9597 or visit an upcoming clinic.
In addition to application assistance via SOAR, HAP represents individuals before the Social Security Administration on a wide range of areas relating to securing and retaining disability benefits. HAP provides representation at administrative hearings, during the Continuing Disability Review (CDR) process and on matters relating to representative payees, overpayments, and more.
- If you are already in the middle of an SSI/SSDI claim or appeal and need help, call the HAP office at 215-523-9595 or come to one of our clinics to meet with a lawyer face-to-face.