Every year, HAP helps close to a thousand Philadelphians obtain their birth certificates through our clinics. Now that Pennsylvania is waiving the application fee for anyone experiencing homelessness, and we can show you how to request your own birth record. Born out of state, or have some other issue? HAP can help with that too.
- For PA Birth Certificates click here.
- Note: to get all fees waived, this form must be completed by someone who can attest to your homelessness, like a social worker or attorney. Need help? Contact us at 215-523-9595.
- Born outside PA? We can help at one of our upcoming clinics, but be sure to call the office first at 215-523-9595 and let us know which state you were born in, and which clinic you plan to come to.
Social Security Cards
Social Security provides free replacement cards, but barriers still arise. Whether you don’t know your SS Number or need to request a change, HAP can help.
Replacement Immigration Documents
Immigration documents, like green cards and passports, can be tricky to replace and may impact your status. No matter your country of origin, HAP can help locate and obtain replacements, or refer you to another program that is better positioned to help.
- Need a replacement Green Card? For the application process, visit https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/replace-your-green-card
- For all issues and questions, call Meg at 215-523-9592 or come to one of our clinics.